Full Mouth Reconstruction Rejuvenates Your Smile
For patients whose teeth and general oral health have significantly deteriorated, the doctors at PQ Family Dental may recommend full mouth reconstruction, a combination of restorative procedures in Rancho Peñasquitos or Ramona, CA.
By developing a single treatment plan consisting of multiple procedures, we can accomplish the desired result, step by step: an entirely transformed smile. If you have missing teeth or are struggling with the side effects of periodontal disease, you may be a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction.
Is Full Mouth Reconstruction Right For You?
Full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative – and sometimes cosmetic – services into a customized treatment plan to meet your unique goals. This strategy is beneficial for patients who require restorative dental work that cannot be performed in a single session. If you experience more than one of the following symptoms, full mouth reconstruction may be a great option for you:
- Missing, loose, or damaged teeth
- Failing dental restorations
- Severe tooth decay
- Overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Periodontitis (gum disease)
- Gum recession or overgrowth
- Dental stains and discoloration
Our team of caring, compassionate professionals is trained in the latest technology for restorative and cosmetic dental procedures. When you meet with one of our trusted dentists, he will review appropriate treatment options and work with you to create a practical and effective full mouth reconstruction plan.
Individualized Treatment Plans
Although similar in some capacities to a smile makeover, a full mouth reconstruction is not performed simply for cosmetic purposes. Treatment is intended to improve the patient's oral health, function, and comfort, and treat gum disease.
Below are the procedures most commonly included in full mouth reconstruction:
- Dental Implants: Titanium implant posts are surgically placed in the jaw. They then function as tooth roots, supporting a crown, bridge, denture, or other restoration.
- Same-day Crowns: These restorations strengthen weakened, unhealthy, or structurally damaged teeth, and can be placed in a single appointment using our CEREC® technology.
- Same-day Bridges: A same-day bridge can replace one tooth, or a few, with our CEREC® one-visit restoration technology.
- Inlays & Onlays: These restorations are larger than standard fillings, and are used to treat cavities on the biting surfaces of molars.
- Periodontal Care: We can perform scaling and root planing, also known as deep cleaning, with the administration of a topical antibiotic to heal any underlying infection.
- Gum Contouring: Our diode laser can be utilized to remove infected or excess gum tissue for improved appearance and health.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
When you come in for your initial consultation, the dentist will perform a thorough dental examination, take x-rays, and review your full medical and dental history. Then he will outline your treatment options, and together, you will establish your overall dental goals to develop a treatment plan. At this time the doctor can also answer any questions you may have regarding your treatment timeline, recovery, and costs.
A restored smile can transform your entire life, and we look forward to guiding through this process every step of the way.
Your smile is a crucial part of your image, overall health, and well-being, so it needs to remain healthy. We can help you regain comfortable oral function as well as improved quality of life and self-confidence.
Contact Our Office Today
If you are interested in learning more about full mouth reconstruction and your treatment options, contact our office today. A restored smile can transform your entire life, and we look forward to guiding through this process every step of the way.