To be certain, a chipped tooth can compromise the aesthetics of an otherwise radiant, healthy smile. However, chipped teeth pose more than simply cosmetic problems. Whenever the structure of a tooth is damaged in some way, the chances of that tooth being lost at some point dramatically increases. Fortunately, there are many modern dental treatments that can effectively restore beauty, strength, and structural integrity to a chipped tooth.
At PQ Family Dental, the general, family, and cosmetic dentistry practice of Dr. Tim Belnap and Dr. W. Brandon Jergensen, we offer a comprehensive range of dental treatments, including those designed to return form, function, and health to all varieties of chipped teeth. After evaluating your damaged tooth or teeth, our skilled dentists will recommend the most conservative treatment plan that is likely to yield the best possible results given your unique circumstances. You will emerge from treatment with a whole, natural-looking smile and strong, healthy teeth.
If one or more of your teeth are chipped, we encourage you to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Tim Belnap or Dr. W. Brandon Jergensen at PQ Family Dental today.
What Types of Treatments for Chipped Teeth Are Available at PQ Family Dental?
There are several available treatment options for chipped teeth at PQ Family Dental. Our dentists will recommend the treatment or treatments best suited to your particular case by first performing a thorough oral exam. Whether you require a treatment that is primarily cosmetic or more restorative in scope will depend largely on the severity of the damage to your tooth or teeth.
The treatments for chipped teeth available at PQ Family Dental include:
- Tooth-colored fillings: If a chip is relatively small, especially if it occurs in one of your premolars or molars, then a tooth-colored filling may provide the ideal treatment solution. A tooth-colored filling blends inconspicuously into the remaining tooth matter and, unlike traditional silver amalgam fillings, is metal and mercury free. Modern tooth-colored fillings are as strong and durable as their metal counterparts.
- Inlays and onlays: Thanks to our in-house CEREC® milling machine, we are able to custom-craft ceramic inlays and onlays while you wait. An inlay is used to treat chips that occur within the protruding cusps of a tooth, while an onlay is used to treat chips that extend to one or more of the cusps.
- Dental bonding: If your chip affects one of your front teeth, our dentists can apply a composite resin material that, when hardened, will conceal the chip and any other aesthetic flaws that may be present on the tooth.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are customized to be bonded to the front surfaces of chipped teeth. Veneers are crafted from the finest porcelain to replicate the appearance of natural teeth to an astonishing degree.
- Dental crowns: For more severe chips, dental crowns may be the best available solution. Dental crowns are customized to cover the entire visible surface area of a tooth, restoring its strength and appearance while protecting it from further damage.
Learn More about Treatments for Chipped Teeth
To learn more about treatments for chipped teeth, please contact PQ Family Dental today.