We are pleased to announce that our office is open!
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
* All patients will be required to wear face coverings to enter the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Every patient will have their temperature taken upon entering the office. If above 100 degrees, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment for the safety of our staff and other patients.
• We want you to call the office or text when you arrive for your dental appointment. We will then call you when your room is ready so you go straight back to the chair. For the time being, we will not have a “waiting room”.
• Following your appointment, we will do a “virtual” checkout by calling you to take any payments and/or schedule any follow up appointments.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That means that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. If you already have a scheduled appointment we may need to reschedule to a future date to be able to follow the new guidelines.
We appreciate your patience as we all work through this pandemic and resume back to business.
Dr. Belnap, Dr. Jergense and staff,
Achieve Healthy Gums and Teeth with Conservative, Gentle Root Canal Therapy
Dental pulp is the soft area in the center of a tooth where the nerve, veins, and connective tissues are located. If the dental pulp becomes infected or diseased, Dr. Belnap and Dr. Jergensen may recommend root canal therapy in Rancho Peñasquitos and Ramona, CA. During root canal therapy, our dentists will remove the infected pulp, clean the tooth thoroughly, and seal the tooth. If you experience any of the following symptoms, root canal therapy may be needed:
- Severe toothache
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Darkening of a tooth
- Swelling and pain in the gums
- A recurring pimple on the gums
Many problems can arise if dental pulp is not removed. When the dental pulp is damaged, bacteria multiplies in the pulp chamber. This can cause an infection. A pus-filled pocket called an abscess can also form on the ends of the tooth root. Infection in the root canal can cause swelling that may spread to the face, neck, or head. Bone loss can occur around the tip of the tooth root if infected dental pulp is not removed. Diseased tooth pulp can cause drainage problems from the tooth root. A hole may form through the side of the tooth, causing drainage into the gums or skin.
Please contact PQ Family Dental today to learn more and to schedule an appointment.